Tuesday, November 29, 2011

In Christ I Can Do All Things

It’s amazing how God speaks to us. 

He’s been telling me I need to do something to help heal my heart and I have been fighting it.  I need to do what He has laid out before me, but I don’t want to.  I keep trying to come up with reasons not to do it.

Tonight, I’m sitting here arguing with Him about this task He has set for me.  Telling Him I can’t do it.  Telling Him my heart isn’t strong enough.  Telling Him that I don’t know how I’m going to do it. 

As usual, I have my music playing in the background.  In the middle of arguing with God, I start singing along.  And then I start crying because of the song that I started singing without realizing what song it was. 

It was “In Christ” by Big Daddy Weave.  Here are the exact words that I sang:

In Christ I can do all things
In Christ I mount up on eagle's wings
In Christ I wait for a great reward
That I have in store
In Christ I have His righteousness
In Christ I have what I confess
In Christ I don't worry about all the rest
Cause everything I need to be is in Christ

Just as I needed the reminder, God made it happen.  Once again, I’m humbled and amazed at what he uses to speak to us. 

1 comment:

  1. Amen that game be goosebumps. What an amzing testimony to God Reminding you and giving you what you needed when you needed it most.

    ReplyDelete